Tag someone who is fake woke!
The fake woke award for the month of July goes to Jay Z. Fact check his lyrics with raw data and you will see.
If you believe that you, or a loved one is suffering from being Fake Woke, please read the top 10 signs below. The first part of awakening is accepting that you’re asleep.
1. You support Obama unquestionably, despite the fact that he set the black community back 30 years. Furthermore, you support politicians just because they are democrat or republican without reviewing their agenda, budgets, and policies for your community specifically. If you believe that everybody who is brown must be down, you are truly disillusioned.
2. You’re not involved in politics. You say things like, “I stay away from politics,” when in fact, politics is shaping your lifestyle and that of your children whether you make your voice heard or not. Just voting is not enough, researching who to vote for and demanding equality from politicians is what really counts. If you watch Keeping up with the Kardashians more than you read and watch the news, you ain’t woke son!
3. Your idea of a good wife is Black Chyna, Amber Rose or Kim Kardashian. Basically, your value system is based on purely on looks, the size of a woman’s ass or breast. Her character is meaningless to you because you lack character yourself. You like girls who have a lot of likes on social media. You idolize them just because other people do. You have no sense of authentic taste or preference in women. Everything you do and everyone you date is based on what’s trending.
4. You believe changing your mindset and being more positive will magically make all the corruption in the world disappear. Positive thinking is powerful for self-improvement. However, at some point those positive thoughts need to turn into positive actions. By all means, think positive and be proactive. However, don’t act oblivious to corruption and systems set up to attack you regardless of how much you meditate, do yoga or chant Bhuddist prayers.
You still have an obligation to fight for equality and human rights. If you try to be so positive that if anyone comes to you with facts that may appear negative you label them as “A negative person” you are not woke! You are in a state of oblivion. Learn the difference. Woke people accept the yin and the yang, the sunshine and the rain.
5. You are Loyal to a fault to a religion, political party, or some other cult-like affiliation. Remaining objective, somewhat unattached and skeptical allows you to think critically regarding everything you encounter. Woke people are only committed to the truth, and they won’t ever put loyalty over what is just and what is right!
Fake woke people, deny, defend and stubbornly attack anyone who asks critical questions regarding any associations they are involved with. Vulnerable people who blindly follow institutions are fake woke. Real woke folks will stay open and observant and if they are involved in an association that they once thought was legit but turned out to be a fraud.
6. You never fact check. If you find yourself listening to unsolicited advice from doctors, professionals, co-workers, families and friends without doing research to check to see if it’s actually good advice, you’re fake woke! If you read a book and don’t do a simple Google search on the author, but take every piece of advice in the book to heart, you’re fake woke.
If you vote for a politician just because they are democrat or republican, without reviewing their policies and background thoroughly, you’re fake woke. If you listen to an album like Jay Z’s without fact checking lyrics that offer financial advice, you’re fake woke. If you buy food without reading the labels, carelessly putting anything in your body, you’re fake woke! If you don’t do the research, you are not enlightened enough to engage in critical thinking, fact checking and uncovering hidden truths.
7. You only read books when you are required to. If the only time you find yourself reading a book is when it’s mandatory for a class or employer, you are fake woke! Reading is the vehicle to awakening. Regardless if it’s history, fiction or non-fiction, books elevate our lives by adding experiences from others to our psyche and understanding of the world. Spiritually awakened people typically keep books in rotation.
Reading a new book every other month or so. It is through books, they travel through time and space, connecting with a world from past, present and future perspectives with each new title they devour. If you don’t read books at all, your not woke. No exceptions!
8. You are apolitical. I can’t stress this enough! You just don’t do politics at all. You think you are above politics but politics is what dictates the quality of your life. You cannot be woke and ignore the political climate because being woke makes you more curious about politics, especially those affecting your community, race and economic class.
Being woke makes you aware. You start to gravitate towards everything that will enlighten you. Being aware of politics and understanding your important role in taking part in it to make a change is a sure sign you are wide awake. If you don’t even know who is running in local offices in your city, parish, community, etc., You have a long way to go before you can say you’re woke.
9. You are selling a product that requires you to act like you care about other’s well being. If you are in a multi level marketing company and selling super foods in a canister or a miracle weight loss smoothie, please take several seats. Before you started selling manufactured super foods, perhaps you should of did some research. Super foods can’t be created in a lab, they only grow on trees.
Furthermore, before you started promoting theses products you really never cared about other’s health, only that of your own. Not the collective. If you find yourself suddenly becoming passionate about health after you sign up as a distributor for an MLM company, you are indeed fake woke. Stop acting like you care when your just trying to make a quick commission.
10. Everything you post on social media is a meme/quote about being woke. Everything you post is way to deep. It’s not like it’s links to educational articles or current political events. It’s just fluffy quotes on positive thinking and meditation. It’s unrealistic and most people can’t relate to it because they are too busy dealing with real life, day to day bullshit.
And you wonder why you don’t get any likes and are frequently unfollowed. You’re annoying because you preach constantly about what people should, and should not be doing or thinking. Too bad people who know you in real life know that you are a walking, talking contradiction that doesn’t take your own advice. Every quote or meme you post has an agenda behind it. You’re either trying to get likes for ego gratification, trying to sell something, or trying to act woke.
11. You believe in individual success over collective success. You are all about the come up and trying to become a millionaire. You believe some people make it and others don’t depending on how hard they work. You never educate yourself on the politics behind what it takes to be successful. You are easily swayed by celebrities and billionaires telling you that you can be whoever you set your mind to without ever doing the research to see all the help they got along the way that aided them in acquiring their wealth. You don’t know what social capital means nor do you know how generational wealth and/or poverty affects your ability to succeed.
12. You have No Chill. EVERYTHING you do online and in person is humorless and extremely, cult like political or esoterically deep. When I say deep I mean the “deep end.” People are usually baffled by your post on social media, not inspired. You are too random and unconnected like a cult ring leader who just drank the Kool-aid. You can bullshit and post funny videos online sometimes, not just all extreme political and positive thinking bullshit non-stop on a continuous loop. Give yourself a break and stop being so damn serious! Online energy vampire!
13. You think everyone has the power to change their own life. No, they don’t! Sometimes bad things happen to good people and life sucks and it’s not fair! Do you think vision boards will help starving kids in Africa magically manifest food? Thinking positive won’t change that. Being realistic will change that, along with the healing that takes place with time. Depression is real and so it politics. Creating positive change in our lives take work, not just magical thoughts.
13. You don’t watch the Breaking Brown Yvette Carnell Show. If you don’t know who Yvetter Carnell is, you fake woke. Okay, well, I may be promoting my favorite political show on YouTube but the knowledge you can learn on this show can and will change your life. If you’re not woke, you can get woke by watching this show. Please tune in every Monday and Wednesday at 9PM CST. Checkout Irami as well. Follow them on Twitter and Facebook. Watch the show and comment below and tell me how you were ENLIGHTENED.
14. You only eat organic food and you are faithful to your commitment to veganism. However, you drink alcohol every chance you get, pop pills and smoke cigarettes. You are a walking, talking contradiction.
Are you really woke? If not, it’s okay. It’s never too late to change! It takes more than meditation and vision boards. It takes action. By all means use your boards and meditation mats but do the work as well. DO THE WORK! There is no faith without ACTIONS.
You know a “fake woke” friend. Admit it, you thought about them and laughed the whole time you read this blog.
And you’re going to share this on your Facebook page just to see if they like the post and don’t know it’s targeting them!
By Janell Hihi Copyright@2017